Tuesday, May 8, 2007

A Very Troubling Week


Well it has been a very trying time here in our home. If something can go wrong, well you know that saying, well I believe it now. Everything did this past week. First I have re-thought my favorite time of season. It used to be spring with flowers in full bloom, but since there is no end in sight for allergy victims, well now it's fall when all the bushes start to die out and I can breathe again and see from my streaming eyes.

Then lets see my mom used to prepare me for all the grown up things a daughter needs to know once she gets a family. Things like husbands ( which i think she fibed on some), children, taxes, voting, you know everyday stuff. But the other things like every major applaince breaking down in your house 1 day apart from each other well that was never discussed. First the dishwasher, then the refrigerator, the hot water is streaming from my faucet in the bathtub is worn out and so the hot water had to be turned off for a extended period of time and then we discoved a leak behind the bathroom cabinet so now that has to go.

If it wasn't bad enough we went to Tickfaw State park to give my best friend a baby shower over the weekend and to relax and not think about all the troubles of the past couple of days and what do you know as we were packing to leave after a very pleasant afternoon with family and friends, then darn if my van, my very faithful, dependable mini-van didn't break down and had to be worked on.

Yes I am having a pity-party as my boys call it. I tell them moms are not allowed a temper fit like they have or to get aggravated like their dad will get so moms will have pity-parties and maybe someone will take pity on them and say encouraging things to her (unlike her own family who roll their eyes at her behind her house when they think she isn't looking).

So I hope everyone has had a better week this week then I. I am posting a picture of my happy place. A place that my husband and myself like to go to when Louisiana gets a little to unbearable sometimes and where we will be when we reach retirement age.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Soory about all the bad luck..hope things start clearing up! Enjoy the blackberry cobbler!:) (I'm sure Grandma's were better!)

kayla said...

Your house sounds about like mine today. I would love to have your Mother's advice right now. I really miss her.

Anonymous said...

well, I think I know everyting thats breaking at your house and outside of it,but Im still sorry about it.I hope every thing comes together soon,and thanks for everything you've done for me these last couple of days and so on,,to get ready for baby Emily..
love
Angela