Saturday, August 25, 2007

WELL I'M BACK

Well it has been a great summer. I spent alot of time with my husband and sons. We went fishing and doing things around the neighborhood. we didn't travel very far this year as we have in previous summers. We were all tired of going for once. So the farthest we went was to Dulac, Louisiana to mu husbands aunts fishing camp on a little canal brimming with Red fish and Black Drum, Speckled Trout and many more yummy kinds. There even was an alligator watching us. If you want the big fish that weigh your pole in half the we took about a 30 minute boat trip out about 15 miles in the gulf. We caught flounder and alot of Speckled Trout and a big Black Drum that weighed over 6lbs. I caught that one and it was the biggest of the day.

In June my wonderful aunt and uncle Woody and Nellrena Laird (kayla's parents)were home for about a month and we had a great visit. I haven't seen them in about 3 yrs. Kayla and Harolds kids are a joy to be around and so much fun. My youngest Lucas doesn't get tired out easily by things except when Kayla's boys are around him. He has a great time when they are playing with him and he misses them when thay are apart but he says he gets so tired when the day is finished and I have no problem getting him into bed at night.My husband Steve and their dad Harold took them to a pond at Steve's uncle to do some fishing with cane poles and Lucas went to help (or as he said ,to give pointers). My husband said that night after we laid down to sleep, I thought our kids had alot of questions and energy when they were small but I see now that we had nothing compared to Kayla's kids. He said he had alot of fun watching them pull those fish in on the bank and leaves out of the trees after the lines would hang up. I took pictures of the events of the summer and I hope I can post them on here with out any problems.

No comments: